The PERC Pool offers lessons under the Red Cross Swim continuum. There are two programs under this continuum: Red Cross Swim Preschool, for babies four to six months of age to five year old children, and Red Cross Swim Kids, for six year old children and older.
The PERC Pool also offers advanced aquatics under the Canadian Lifesaving Society that includes Bronze Star, Bronze Medallion and Bronze Cross.
How to have Successful Swimming Lessons
- Visit the pool before swimming lessons start. Give your child a tour of the facility so he/she is familiar with the pool.
- Have fun and swim with your child during recreational swim prior to the beginning of lessons and practice skills they already know.
- Set realistic expectations with your child and allow your child to feel that there are no expectations to receive a badge.
- Swimmers often need more than one set of lesson in order to gain the sill that will allow them to complete level.
- Make sure you bring any concerns to the instructor in a timely manner
- If your child has a medical concern or learning challenge, please speak to the instructor at the first lesson.