RSS IconRSS Print IconPrinter Friendly Text Size Minus icon Plus icon

Entrance Permits

To legalize your private point of entry onto a municipal right of way, all new road access points for laneways, driveways, and field entrances require approval of an entrance permit. Entrance permits are also required for any proposed alterations to an existing point of entry or roadside ditch.

The application form and fee are submitted to the Public Works department for approval. Download an application here, or review the terms and conditions of By-Law No. 8-1999 here.

Once an application is filed, an inspection of the proposed entrance location is conducted to determine certain requirements (approval of location, site distances, drainage requirements, culvert, ditching, etc.) Upon approval, it is the responsibility of the property owner to construct and maintain their entrance in order to satisfy the conditions of the permit.